What is Meniere’s Disease?
FINAL CONTENT TO COME (this section)
Meniere’s disease is a chronic disorder of the inner ear that while uncomfortable and disruptive to quality of life, is not fatal. All symptoms are related to dysfunction in the organs of the inner ear. According to the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Meniere’s disease is characterized by four major symptoms which occur with varying degrees of intensity:
About the Medifocus Guidebook on Meniere’s Disease
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with Meniere’s Disease, it's critical to learn everything you possibly can about this condition so that you can make informed decisions about your treatment. That's why we created the Medifocus Guidebook on Meniere’s Disease, a comprehensive 137 page guide to symptons, treatments, research and support. Available as either a soft-cover book or in PDF format, this unique guidebook answers many of your most important questions about Meniere’s Disease including:
- What are the causes and risk factors for Meniere’s Disease?
- What are the signs and symptoms?
- Which medical tests and procedures are necessary to establish and confirm the diagnosis?
- What are the goals of treatment?
- What are the standard treatments?
- What are the treatment options?
- What impact does this condition have on quality of life?
- Are there any new promising treatments currently under development?
- Where can you find doctors, hospitals, and medical centers with specialized expertise in managing patients with Meniere’s Disease?